Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

Cricket, I'm loving It

 This morning half of Te Ngahere went out to the field to practise  cricket with someone named Neal whilst the other half stayed inside to do Te Reo; I was in the first group to go out. Once we got out there we sat on the side of the year three playground. Then Neal taught us the basic cricket skills; how to hold a bat and how to hit a ball, then we had to pair up with someone; I was with Imogen. Next we had to pick a number out of one and two (In our pairs) Imogen chose number one and I chose number two. Number one was the person who had to hit the ball to their pair and number two was the one who had to retrieve the ball. We practised that for about ten minutes then moved on to ‘Speed Cricket’, then we had to get into our pairs again and pick a number out of one and two; Imogen chose one, and I chose two. Number two were the people batting and number ones were the fielders. Once it was my turn to bat I thought I would completely suck at it but turns out I’m not that bad (I hit the ball every time); we swapped over about six times before we had to go back to class. I actually really enjoyed cricket even though I thought I wouldn’t, I really hope that we can do it again some time this term. I’m  really happy because now I know how to properly hold a cricket bat and how to properly hit the ball. How to properly hold the bat: you have to make a V using your thumb and index finger and point the center of the V towards the middle of the bat.

Do you enjoy playing cricket?







1 comment:

  1. Hi Autumn my name is Alana and I go to Paihia School.
    Yes cricket was so fun I really enjoyed it. I was buddys with my friend Anika. Anika was number one and I was number two. When we did speed cricket Neal said if we hit the ball over the goal post we will get his car, of course we didn’t get it over the goal post.

    ReplyDelete